Your important decisions deserve sound, competent legal advice.
Don’t get Discouraged. If you’re dealing with a difficult estate, we offer the personal attention which makes all the difference. Our probate attorneys can help you understand confusing financial statements and explain the probate process in simple, understandable terms.
- File the original will with the clerk’s office.
- Obtain death certificate.
- Petition with the probate court for an order to be appointed executor or personal representative.
- Explain in detailed, understandable terms your duties as personal representative.
- Collect the assets and file a list known as an “inventory”.
- Consolidate all the Estate funds.
- Pay bills and taxes.
- File tax returns.
- File a final account.
- Distribute property to the heirs and beneficiaries.
Did you know? Even if you have a revocable living trust, you may still be required to open a probate. If an asset hasn’t been transferred into the trust prior to death, then it will have to be probated.
Ready for effective, immediate action for your probate matter? Contact Drizin Law at 702-798-4955 to speak with an attorney today.